Sunday, April 19, 2009

* FlowerGirl *









It's raining.....

And I've never been so happy to see the drops fall.

Usually I'm melancholic when it's raining, but waiting for 6 months to see them in their liquid (NOT FROZEN!) state is stirring a hope within me. I'm also feeling a huge sense of accomplishment after completing a custom order for a massive black and fuchsia tutu dress for a sweet little flower girl. This is my first "real" BIG and important custom order. Weddings are a big deal...especially when your in charge of throwing the flower petals down the walkway for the bride to glide on. Glad to be a part of the hoopla, even if it's from afar. This little girl is going to look amazing at her task, though. I decided early in the process to double the amount of tulle used. I wanted this thing to be a virtual wall of tulle, and it is. Over 150 yards were used. The client chose to have just the single medium white rose for the centerpiece. There were a few different options, but she didn't want her 2 year old to be taking the focus off her sister...this is the bride's day to shine.

I can hear the bamboo wind chimes outside....
What a good choice those were....
I'll let you get back to your day...
I'm going to stare out the window again....




1 comment:

  1. I've never seen anything like it. It's gorgeous and so unique!

    ReplyDelete

So...Whatcha Thinking?