Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Trashy Tutu Has Arrived!


Yay!! After weeks of telling you all about the Trashy Tutu, I've finally added it to my Etsy site! It looks at home on there... all snuggled up with the other custom tutu listings. And while I was at it, I went ahead and added the Children's Trashy Tutu (the kid friendly version) and the Custom Headband order as well. I was on a roll....seriously I think smoke was rising from my fingertips. So hooray for the trashy tutus and hooray for etsy!

And while we're Hooraying...let's also let one out for the Safe Passage Organization. When you purchase a trashy tutu (either adult or children's size) $5.oo of the sale goes to Safe Passage. This organization was started by Hanley Denning almost 30 years ago. Safe Passage provides child care and education in a loving and safe environment for children who live in the Guatemala City garbage dump. Yes, I said in. Their parents spend their days digging through the mountains of trash looking for recycle-ables to sell to area buyers...at the end of their 12 hour days they usually end up with a little over $5 for their efforts. The children used to have to work along side their parents in a methane rich environment..looking forward to the day that they too would provide for their families in the same way. Now the children are not allowed in the dump. Instead they have a safe haven to go to during the day that provides care, food, and educational opportunities to break the cycle of poverty. I'm so excited to have an opportunity to give to this worthy cause.

For more information on Safe Passage go to:

No comments:

Post a Comment

So...Whatcha Thinking?